With the abundance of tomatoes coming in this summer we need a simple tomato salad recipe that will be our go to for this season. Sure we will slice and can and more, but this simple tomato salad, which is best with cherry tomatoes feels like a TOP notch experience from a fancy restaurant but it is ready in seconds. I like it best at room temp and this is all about choosing quality but minimal ingredients.
- 4 cups chopped tomatoes of choice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- Juice from half a lemon
- 2 tsp chunky salt
- ground pepper to taste
- Chop the tomatoes and remove any stems in them if using larger tomatoes. Place them in a bowl.
- Add in the olive oil, lemon juice, and vinegar and stir.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and stir again.
- Let sit while the rest of your meal is prepared, give a taste test before serving and adjust slightly depending on it’s needs. The salad will taste slightly different every time depending on the fruit used to make it.
If you loved this recipe, you may also love to pair it with our this Sautéed Zucchini recipe as well.