A simple way to cook shishito peppers in the warm days of summer. Blistered shishito peppers are great for a simple summer appetizer or snack.
1 lb of shishito peppers
1 tbsp coconut oil
a good pinch or two of course sea salt
**Optional: addition of Thai Basil or Lemon Zest but it is not necessary to enjoy these guys! ***
- Heat pan on high heat. Once the pan is hot add the oil and turn down the heat to medium
- Add in the whole shishito peppers no need to remove tops
- Keep heat consistent while you leave them in a flat layer and leave undisturbed for 2-4 minutes until blistered.
- Flip them and let them blister on other side for 2-4 minutes
- Remove from heat and toss with course sea salt to taste.
You can easily do tons of these at a time this can be adjusted to accommodate. You basically are just sautéing them and giving them enough time to fry on one side.