Make easy and healthy granola with this adaptable recipe on The Fresh Exchange. Easy to make from any pantry items with this granola recipe.
2 Cups Oats of choice…truly can use any kind
2 cups total of nuts/seeds of choice
1 cup total of dried fruits/coconut flakes/etc
1/4 cup sweetener of choice I like coconut sugar, maple syrup, or honey (lower glycemic index)
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 solid pinch of sea salt
2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
1. Place all ingredients into a medium bowl and stir them together really well so everything is evenly coated this will make it crispy and yummy.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
3. To measure things I use a pyrex measuring cup and just fill it up with the separate ingredients to hit the marks of 1 cup or 2 cups so I know the cumulative amount really easily.
4. Once everything is mixed together, place on a large baking sheet in a flat and even layer.
5. Place in a preheated oven and set the timer for 8 minutes.
6. When the timer goes off, Turn and stir the granola and replace in the oven for another 8 minutes.
7. Keep cooking and turning and keep an eye on it till it becomes golden brown. Once golden and crispy the granola is done.
8. Allow granola to fully cool and store in an airtight jar for a few weeks in your pantry
Use the info above to choose the proper mixture of things from your own pantry! Plenty of options and ideas.
Keywords: pantry staples, granola, breakfast, snacks, healthy, ad hoc