Simple and Easy Roasted Tomato Salsa that can be used with any fresh ingredients and then eating right away or frozen for later.
2–3 lbs of tomatoes
1 medium onion
1–2 jalapeno peppers (deseed to make it less spicy)
3–4 garlic cloves
1 handful of fresh cilantro
juice of one lime
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Quarter or half all tomatoes and lay on baking sheet. Half and deseed jalapeno. Quarter onion. Place whole peeled garlic cloves all on the baking sheet together.
- Place in the middle of the oven for 12-15 minutes or until the tomatoes are goldening and wrinkling on the skins and fragrant.
- In a blender or food processor bowl place the cilantro, lime juice, evoo, and salt and pepper to taste
- Once the oven is done, add all the warm tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, and garlic to the blender and blend with the other ingredients.
- Pour and serve warm or place in the fridge to cool and enjoy throughout the week.
How To Store Your Roasted Tomato Salsa
You can freeze this in Freezer ready ball jars very easily. Place in jar to fill line and cool completely before placing in the freezer. Take out and warm on the stove before serving.