You can easily freeze tomatoes with this simple recipe on how to freeze tomatoes. There is no blanching or cooking involved, which makes it simple to turn into pasta sauce later on.
Freshly picked Tomatoes that are washed and dried in any amount.
*** You can mix any varieties you want in this recipe. I use cherries and heirlooms together all the time***
- Begin by making sure you have a clean surface and plenty of containers for you to freeze in. See the notes below for ideas on what to use.
- Wash all tomatoes and place them on a cutting board with a great tomato knife. I like this one.
- Core all your larger tomatoes and remove any bad spots. Then from there just chop them into quarters or slightly smaller depending on the tomato.
- If you have cherry tomatoes all you need to do is half them.
- Drop them into your container you plan to freeze in and fill to your fill line.
- Label and place them in your freezer and they will keep for 6-8 months.
Suggested items to use for freezing tomatoes:
Keywords: freezing tomatoes, preserving