Easily make Chicken Broth in the Instant Pot the fastest and best way with just a few easy ingredient
Bones from 1 Whole Chicken
2 Carrots peeled and rough chopped
1 whole onion quartered
2 Garlic Cloves
2 Celery stalks
5-6 quarts of water (filled to the fill line on your Instant Pot)
Salt and pepper to taste
Any fresh herbs like parsley, thyme, bay leaf, sage
1. Place all the ingredients into the pot of your Instant Pot. The chicken can still be cold from the fridge. This isn’t the issue.
2. Fill the pot with water up to the fill line of your Instant Pot
3. Place on lid and lock. Make sure your tab is in the seal position.
4. Set the Instant Pot to High Pressure for 45 minutes with a natural release for 10 minutes or just plan to allow the pressure to naturally release on your pot.
5. Once the Instant pot is done pressurizing, cooking, and naturally releasing (a total of about an hour) release any additional pressure and then allow it to cool some.
6. Once cool enough place the colander into the bowl and pour the broth through the colander catching all the liquid into the bowl. Allow to further cool and then ladle or place into jars or containers for storage.
7. If you plan to freeze, allow it to fully cool on the counter and then place it in the fridge for a little while. Once chilled, place in the freezer.
Every Instant Pot has slightly different settings. This is the Instant Pot I use:
So you will have to adjust your settings as needed.
You can also run the bones one more time to create a bone broth. Use the same method with fresh water and this time add a tbsp of vinegar (Apple Cider works great) to break down the bones and get all the nutrients from them.
Keywords: Instant Pot, Chicken, Food Waste, Pantry Staples